Thursday, October 31, 2013

Say Hello to Whitney Fisch and Jewhungry

Michael L.



Every once in awhile I come across a blog or a writer that I feel a need to help promote.

Thus, say hello to Whitney Fisch and Jewhungry!
About Me:

When I was 19 a modeling agency sent me to Milan, Italy to try to make it as a model. Then I discovered chocolate croissants and parmesan cheese. So that ended that.

About the Blog:

Now an all-the-time food blog and a most-of-the-time parenting blog, Jewhungry is an expression of a little bit of this and a dash of that through the lens of a girl who loves food, travel, spirituality, and happened to have a kid along the way of all that exploration and learning.

Jewhungry was started because I love food and just because I keep kosher doesn’t mean I can’t try/have it all when it comes to the culinary world. Everybody’s got their ‘kosher’, they just call it ‘organic’ or ‘paleo’ or ‘vegan’ or ‘gluten free’. I just call it dinner

I’m on a mission for connection. There’s a movement sweeping the land and that movement is food–you need it to survive and even if you can’t afford to grocery shop at Whole Foods or even your local kosher grocer on a daily basis, you can still make delicious food. Food is everywhere and as young Jews in this world, it’s a way to connect to our history, to our spirituality and to each other. However, it seems in the food world, that there is still a question mark hovering over the world of kosher cooking. Well, let’s be honest, it’s not just the food world that doesn’t know what to do with kashrut but the Jewish world too for that matter. So, my hope is to minimize that question mark and to see kosher food for what it is–a way to connect but also legitimate enough to deserve a place in the elimination challenge on Top Chef. Sure, if you want to keep actual kosher, you have to separate; buy two and sometimes three of everything. However, even if you aren’t Jewish and don’t want to keep a kosher home, kosher food is still good food. It’s still a delicious, multi-faceted category of food that can’t be pigeon-holed into one solitary category. It can be vegan, vegetarian, Indian, Italian, Chinese, Korean, new, old, fusion, Southern–you name it, it fits.

What Jewhungry for?

*All pictures posted on this page are the property of Jewhungry and should not be reposted without permission of the authors. Thank you.

Contact:

Maybe you have a great idea for a blog post? Maybe you want some Kosher advice? Tried a recipe? Need a Rabbi? Looking for a new Jewish friend? Let us know! Ask! Tell! We’re addicted to email…so why don’t you send us one?

We can be reached at jewhungry@gmail.com

Shalom, Y’all!
We here at Israel Thrives wish Whitney nothing but the very best in this world and very much intend to steal some of her recipes!

2 comments:

  1. This. Sounds. Awesome.

    Thanks for the heads-up, Mike.

    If only it weren't for the many Useful Idiots and antisemites out there who mainly grab my online attention these days, I would like to think I would have had the focus to at least try my hand at my own little, long-desired, similar-ish blog by now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay, Whitney looks like a lot of fun.

      Perhaps I should ask her to do a once a week cross-posting here.

      Delete