Friday, September 14, 2012

Fun with Death Threats!

Mike L.

So, yes, I received a death threat on the evening of Wednesday, September 12, 2012.

It read as follows:

Fuck damn on you dirty shit,

you will be killed

curse on you all fucking jews

The subject line read:

you will be killed ass hole

It came from someone going by the name "saif El Islam" from this email address:

killalljew@hotmail.com

I contacted the Oakland police department and left a statement with an officer, but I do not believe that the local police have much interest or jurisdiction in this kind of a case. My only real intention in speaking with the local authorities was to get the ball rolling on this. I was hoping that they would point me toward a state or federal office that might be helpful, but they did not. I do not blame the local cops because this is not really a local crime.

Today I left messages with the San Francisco Anti-Defamation League office and the San Francisco FBI.

I am also told by our fellow blogger, Yoela Palkin, that I am not the only pro-Israel blogger or journalist to receive this particular threat from this particular person.

I will keep you guys updated as I learn more.

3 comments:

  1. Mike, I am sorry that this happened to you and Laurie. It's probably just some crank but please do be careful.

    Contacting the FBI is a good step, and you may consider some self defense just to be safe. I do know of a very good place for that. ;-)

    Anyway, Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting it on record is the first step. So that if this becomes a pattern (which it apparently is), it's already been noted with the proper authorities. Let alone if, g-d forbid, the lunatic actually goes and does something...

    And +1 to what volley said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact microsoft to have the email address deleted.

    ReplyDelete